PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Search for Eduard Grischewski,Heibut by Danzig

edvard
13.10.2009, 23:27
Hello everybody!
My first post in this very interesting forum!
Hopefully most of you understand some English, so I’ll try to ask a couple questions in English. If somebody wants to answer me, feel free to answer in German. I find German easier to read than to write
For years I have been searching for a link to my grandfather, Eduard Grischewski, but so far, - nothing. Maybe someone in this forum can help me??

A Norwegian church-book containing marriage -information gives me the first information about my grandfather and says as follows:

Name: Eduard Grischewski
Born: 06-11-1852 Heibut (Heubude?), by Danzig
Confirmation: 07-10-1866 Heibut (Heubude?), by Danzig
Father: Johan Jacob Grischewski
Married to: Maren Evensdotter
Marriage: 21 Jan. 1883, Jevnaker, Norway
Religion: Unknown.

After this I can follow his movements in Norway in several church-books. But a main problem for me is that his name is written in several different ways like:
1883 GRISCHEWSKI
1900 GRISCHOWSKI
1900 JERISCHOVSKY
1902 JERISCHOWSKY
1904 GRISCHOWSKI
1904 JERISHOWSKY
1907 JERICHOWSKY
1918 JERISCHOWSKY
1919 JERISCHOWSKY
1922 JERICHOWSKI
1930 JERYSCHOFSKI
Witch one is the correct one?

Norwegian priests probably had problems writing the polish name after hearing it or had problems to interpret the polish handwritten papers.

According to my father, my grandfather told that he had been taking part in a war/uprising where his father and brother(s?) were killed. To save his life he run away from the war and hided into a Swedish ship and went to Sweden. After a short time in Sweden he went on to Norway where he settled and got married.
He also told my father that he looked at himself as a deserter. Because of that, he was afraid of contacting relatives in Poland and make trouble for the family. If anybody in his family knew that he went to Norway, I don't know.

Last September I went to Stogi to see the area. It really was a beautiful and quiet place and I would love to go back!! Maybe I even have family members there? But to find out I first need a link!!

I do appreciate any help I can get!

Sincerely
Harald