PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : searching for Mr Freytag's family

bert68
11.05.2010, 17:49
Dear friends

I am sorry to come here speaking english, you understand that I'm not able to express myself in German...It is really difficult to travel around this site without speaking german, as you can figure...:)
Anyway, here is my question, maybe it could interest somebody!
I am looking for the known family of Mr Siegfried Freytag, born in Danzig Langfuhr between 1917 and 1919 (most probably november the 10th, 1919 or May the 4th, 1917) and deceased in France in 2003.
Mr Freytag father was supposed to be a brewer, but after my researches, it seems like the address book of Danzig from 1900 enlists 14 existing breweries. Until 1939 most of them bankrupted, were closed or were overtaken by the biggest brewery in Danzig - Danziger Aktien Bierbrauerei located in Wrzeszcz (Langfuhr) at Lelewela street (Labesweg). In 1939 there were only two big breweries in Danzig, mentioned DAB from Wrzeszcz and Richard Fischer Brewery from Nowy Port (Neufahrwasser).
Unfortunately, not one of them was owned by a Mr Freytag.
he could have been an employee, though...
I have the freytag (and Freitag) pages of address book of Danzig 1937-38 and 1942, I found some Freytag, but none of them is a brewer...
Mr Freytag's family is supposed to have disapear during the war, most probalbly at the end of the war, maybe by aerial bombing or another calamity, or maybe during the operation mounted in order to save people from russians in 1945...
If anybody can help me in that search, thank you very much!

radewe
11.05.2010, 22:57
Guten Abend Bert,
ich habe erfolglos bei Google nach dem Braumeister Freytag in Danzig gesucht.

Es gibt jedoch einen
„<Braumeister Hermann Freytag in Breisgau>“.
Der Link unterliegt „leider“ dem Urheberrecht.
Du wirst die Seite hoffentlich finden.

Grüße von Hans-Werner aus Hamburg

bert68
12.05.2010, 10:05
Guten abend Hans

Vielen danke für der suche...
I have already found this Mr Freytag, Hermann, but "mine" is supposed to have been a braumeister in Breslau, not in Breisgau. I'll search for Breisgau.
Nevertheless, this first Mr Freytag from Breslau does not seem to be the one I'm looking for...
Once again vielen danke!

asche
24.10.2010, 01:04
Bonsoir Bert,

we now have scanned address books of Danzig of almost every year, courtesy of Pomoranian Digital Library (http://pbc.gda.pl/dlibra/). You can download them there for free, but they. I checked the years 1917 through 1920 and found no brewer Freytag or Freitag. The closest hit is a Mr.

Willi Freytag,
engineer (Ing.) and chemist,
living Rickertweg 12, Langfuhr,
owner of the
"Chem. techn. Fabrik Guthonia/Guttonia Gustav Freytag, Grabengasse 6".

Gustav must have been the founder, Willi the owner. He is not mentioned any earlier than 1920. My guess is: that's the one you're looking for; after all, brewing is some sort of chemical engineering, n'est-ce pas?

Wish you success,

Alex

asche
24.10.2010, 01:09
forgot: ... but they may well amount to gigabytes, 762 megabytes in case of the 1920 book (djvu format, you need a reader for this, for free).

Si vous avez des difficultés en lisant mon anglais, je peux vous offrir un francais pire encore ...

Alex

asche
24.10.2010, 01:29
To save you some more work: 1921 he is joint owner ("Mitinhaber") and has moved to Oliva (no address given), 1922 he is no longer mentioned at all. The company continues to exist.